I get a little creative when the week falls apart. Breakfast for dinner is a standby. Mexican is another because we nearly always have tortillas in the house and my pantry is full of beans. Last week we lucked out and I had some leftover rice and some chicken in the freezer. I dug through the pantry and this cheesy chicken taco recipe was born.
- 1 can Campbell's fiesta nacho soup
- 2 cups shredded or diced chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (fire roasted is tasty!)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (or the whole thing if you like more spice)
- sour cream, lettuce, black olives or whatever other toppings you like
- Saute the onion and pepper for a couple minutes.
- Mix in the rice, chicken and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the tomatoes and soup.
- Simmer for a couple minutes until the soup gets melty and everything is heated through and mixed up.
- Spoon into warm tortillas and add whatever toppings you like. You definitely won't need more cheese!
This was fast and tasty. It's a little on the cheesy side, but in my opinion you can't have too much cheese. It's hard to beat a one pan dinner, especially when it comes to quick, easy Mexican food.