Our first project for the holiday was a simple heart banner to decorate our fireplace. A couple weeks ago I grabbed a pack of Valentine's Day themed scrapbook paper and some conversation heart stickers at Target in the Dollar Spot. We used those, some ribbon I had on hand, plus a bunch of Valentine stickers leftover from last year.
- solid colored paper or cardstock
- Valentine themed paper
- Valentine stickers
- ribbon (the length depends on where you plan to hang your banner)
- Cut hearts out of the solid colored paper. Mine were all about the same size, but they certainly don't have to be. Get creative!
- Cut smaller hearts out of patterned paper, if desired.
- Decorate the solid hearts with stickers, smaller hearts, crayons, or whatever else you have in your craft stash.
- Staple the hearts to the banner. Try to get them somewhat evenly spaced; it makes it easier to balance out and hang.
- Hang your banner up!
Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Do you make the decorations or do you have some old favorites stashed away that you dig out every year?
Looking for candy-free Valentine ideas? We made oatmeal valentines last year!
Linked up at The Recipe Critic, The SITS Girls, Pieces by Polly, Creations by Kara, 5 Minutes for Mom, Controlling Craziness, We Made That, Heather's French Press.