4.04.2014

Spring citrus home scent

In the fall and winter, I love to simmer oranges, cloves, and cinnamon sticks on the stove.  The smell is so perfect for those seasons, especially around the holidays.

Everyone in our house has been sick on and off for a few weeks now.  I was cleaning up in the kitchen the other day and saw that we still had some Texas limes that friends shared with us.  I knew I'd never use them up before they got icky, so I started thinking about what I could use them for.

It was a nice breezy day and we had the windows open, but it was also chilly and Phee and I were getting cold in the house.  Airing everything out was great, but we needed to close up for a while.  So, I decided to make a spring citrus simmer for the stove.

The smell was amazing!  These limes were really juicy and fragrant.  You'll definitely want to give this a try.  It would be perfect to simmer gently on the stove before a spring get together at your house!

Ingredients
1 lime sliced
1/3 t lemon extract
1 t ginger
1 T vanilla
2 c water

Directions
Simmer on the stove and add water as needed. 


Linked up at Just Us Four, The Grant Life, Nancherrow, Bloom Designs, Nessa Makes, Heather's French Press, The Recipe Critic.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...