11.24.2014

Elegant Thanksgiving place cards

Do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned yet? Are you ready to get started on the food prep and cooking? I know I am! I just love Thanksgiving and everything that goes with it. The planning, the buying (but not the crowded stores!), the endless chopping at the kitchen counter... it's all fun.

This year, we're having Thanksgiving a day early with friends. For years our holidays haven't been on the actual calendar holidays. It's something we're used to and this year we're continuing with what has become tradition for us. Doug is on a more regular, Monday-Friday schedule these days, which is something we're quite grateful for. But not all of our friends have that same schedule and here, with no blood family nearby, these friends are our family.

I like to get the china out for Thanksgiving and this year will be no exception. Phee's old enough to handle it and we'll have a table of almost all adults. With any luck, I will be able to handle it, too, and I won't drop anything on the floor!

My meemaw's place cards from Thanksgivings past ~ Life in Random Bits

When I was a kid we spent a few years alternating holidays between Ohio and Virginia so we could see both sides of the family. The first year we had Thanksgiving in Virginia, I remember Meemaw getting out a bunch of cute place cards that she had made for past Thanksgivings. As a finishing touch for our table this year, I created these elegant little place cards. They aren't quite like the beautiful ones Meemaw made, but I can't wait to print them out and put them on our dark green tablecloth. They'll look fantastic!

Thanksgiving place cards (with printable) ~ Life in Random Bits #printable #thanksgiving


Grab the file here and print them out on heavy card stock. You can cut them in quarters to have a larger place card with a white border. Or, you can cut them closer to the red border and have a smaller card. Use a fancy pen, or a thin felt tip marker to add names and add that last elegant touch to your Thanksgiving table.

What's your plan for your Thanksgiving table this year: china or everyday dishes? This is about the only time I use my china, though every year I vow to get it out more often!

Thanksgiving place cards (with printable) ~ Life in Random Bits #printable #thanksgiving



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...