4.19.2012

Best Sandwich Ever

Years ago, picnicking on the Boston Common, I discovered the best sandwich ever. Ever. Doug and I had met a couple friends and we were eating lunch before we headed out for the afternoon. We had sandwiches and some peanut butter and fruit. I love peanut butter and I decided to try it on everything that afternoon. Peanut butter and grapes- gross. Peanut butter and apples- not bad.

Peanut butter with a turkey and cheese sandwich- jackpot!

Turkey, cheese & peanut butter sandwich #sandwich #yum

That's right, a turkey, cheese, and peanut butter sandwich on white bread. It's amazing. I've tried it with variations like wheat bread or different cheese and it just doesn't work. Stick with this recipe and I guarantee you'll have the perfect lunch.

Ingredients
  • 2 slices of white bread (homemade is quite lovely)
  • 2 slices American cheese
  • sliced turkey
  • peanut butter

Directions
  1. Put peanut butter on both slices of bread.
  2. Add the cheese so that one whole slice is covered. Don't just put one slice of cheese in the middle of the bread. You want all the ingredients in every bite.
  3. Layer on turkey slices to your liking.
  4. Top with the second slice of peanut butter slathered bread.

Turkey, cheese & peanut butter sandwich #sandwich #yum

It's perfect to eat it just like that. It's also fantastic cold after it's been sitting in the fridge at work all morning.

Sounds a little weird, I know, but definitely go try it. Today. You'll thank me.

Share your favorite sandwich combo! I can't be the only one with an odd lunch.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...