5.14.2012

My Own Little Corner of the Internet

I started blogging eight years ago as a way to keep in touch with family and friends and let them know what was going on with us.  We had just decided to move from New Hampshire to Texas and there was a lot going on and a lot of family spread out.

As I got busy, the blogging suffered.  But, in grad school I started a couple blogs for class projects and then I decided to start one to keep track of the books I read.  And, I felt like I needed my own blog instead of the one I kept up for family.  That's when I started this blog.

It's evolved quite a bit since I first started it.  I had Phee and completely ignored it for a while.  I started up again in January of this year and I've kept up with it, blogging three times a week- a personal blog post, Wordless Wednesday and a project or recipe post.  I like that balance and for now it fits into my life (mostly!).

When I started, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with the blog.  Random Bits seemed pretty appropriate in that light.  And it seems to still fit since I do a little bit of lots of things.  And I write about lots of different things on my Monday posts- Phee, goals, current events, personal thoughts.  Random describes me pretty well.  What I used to post isn't quite the same as what I'm posting now.  The whole blog and what I want to do with it has evolved.  But, some of what I posted a couple years ago is still fun for me, so I've left those posts in place. 

I love blogging.  It's so nice to have a way to share the fun projects I come up with for Phee.  And it's a nice outlet for things I've been thinking about.  I love to share photos, too, so that's bonus.  I've met and am continuing to meet some other very cool bloggers.  Some in real life, like at MomCom here in Austin, and some virtually.  I get to talk to all sorts of people, commenting on their blogs and replying to comments on mine.

I'm working on a new blog with my friend Gracie.  She talked about doing a mom blog a while ago and I thought about it and thought it might be fun.  I mean, I'm a mom and I have some things to say about it.  And some fun ideas about it.  So, why not give it a shot?  We've started off slowly, but it's there and we keep adding to it.  If nothing else it's a great outlet for us.  It's nice to get your thoughts down on paper, so to speak, and get them out there.  Bottles & Briefcases lets us do that.

Mostly, blogging is just really fun.  It's my own little space on the internet.   It's fun to share and get feedback.  It's my little corner of randomness and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...