10.23.2012

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

Oh my goodness, these sandwiches are absolutely delicious.  When meal planning a couple weeks ago I decided that I wanted some barbecue chicken sandwiches.  I got the chicken and the barbecue sauce, but didn't have much of a plan.  When it came time to get that dinner ready for the crock pot, I got a little creative and this amazing sandwich recipe was born.



Ingredients
  • 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs (I use thighs because it's cheaper and doesn't dry out like breasts do)
  • 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's original barbecue sauce
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1/2 onion, diced 
  • sandwich or hamburger buns
  • whatever sandwich toppings you like

Directions
  1. Dump the chicken, shredded carrots and diced onion in the crock pot.
  2. Add half a bottle of barbecue sauce.
  3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
  4. Shred the chicken in the crock pot.  Or, take it out, shred it on a plate, and then put it back in.
  5. Mix everything up well.
  6. Serve on buns with whatever extra toppings you prefer.  I like cheese on my sandwiches.
These would make a filling, quick dinner before heading out for trick-or-treating on Halloween night.  Add some fries and veggies and dip and you've got a great hot meal before all the fun!

What sides do you like to have with barbecue?  




linked up at

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...