I forgot to set up the crock pot the other night for these tasty looking French dip sandwiches. Sadly, Doug forgot to set it up, too, the next day! Luckily, I was in a problem solving mood and had a plan by the time I got home from work.
We made delicious hot roast beef sandwiches with seasoned mayo. It was so good Doug dipped his sandwich in the extra mayo. Phee, though she didn't actually have any mayo, declared it amazing and was still talking about it the next day. I don't often buy roast beef and she'd never had it on a sandwich before.
Put this together on a chilly evening and pair it with some fries and fruit for a quick, yet hearty and satisfying dinner.
Pepper & Tarragon Sandwich Spread (5 servings, Weight Watchers: 1PP per serving)
- 1/3 c light mayo (I use Hain Light Safflower Mayo)
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1/4 t rosemary
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/4 t pepper
- dash garlic
Toasty Roast Beef Sandwiches
- roast beef
- provolone cheese
- sandwich rolls
- Pepper & Tarragon sandwich spread
- Cut your rolls in half and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Pop them under the broiler for a minute or so, watching carefully so they don't burn.
- Spread both sides withe Pepper & Tarragon mayo.
- Load the rolls up your roast beef and provolone.
- Put the sandwiches under the broiler again, open faced, for another minute or so, watching carefully so they don't burn.
- Top with lettuce and tomato.
What's your favorite hot sandwich? I usually just want grilled cheese if I want something hot. These were delicious, though, and I can't wait to make them again!
Contains Amazon affiliate links.
Linked up at Sparkles and a Stove, Texas Women Bloggers, The Recipe Critic, Heather's French Press, Love, Pasta & a Tool Belt, Bloom Designs, Sparkles & a Stove, Nancherrow, Just Us Four, Will Cook for Smiles, A Time for Seasons, momnivore's dilemma, Homesteading Hippy, The Grant Life.