So, I made these croutons right at the end of February. They are extra crunchy and very tasty. I like to snack on a handful of them just as they are! The crunch is very satisfying.
I used to make these years ago. I fell out of the habit because we don't usually put extras on our salads. But, when you have leftover buns and the ends of a loaf of bread sitting on your counter at the same time, you might as well make a tasty treat!
Homemade Italian Croutons (Weight Watchers = 1PP per serving)
(makes 10 servings)
- 5 slices of bread (ends of a loaf, leftover buns, pretty much whatever you've got)
- olive oil cooking spray
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- celery salt
- Tear or cut your bread into small pieces.
- Spread them out in one or more baking pans.
- Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, and celery salt.
- Mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until crispy.
Do you use croutons on your salads normally? Or do you have a different "extra" that you prefer?
Linked up at The Recipe Critic, Heather's French Press, Nessa Makes, Bloom Designs, P is for Preschooler, Sparkles & a Stove, Nancherrow, SITS Girls, Just Us Four, The Grant Life.