3.28.2014

Pan Seared Tuna Patties

I love fish and seafood.  I think I could happily eat lobster and crab every day.  Doug probably would be okay with that, too.  Phee... eh.  She'll eat the pink fish (salmon), and the yummy white fish (tilapia), and fish sticks.  But, other than that, she is hesitant to try it, though she sometimes likes it.

Canned tuna isn't my favorite.  Tuna steaks? Sure.  But I've never been a big fan of canned tuna.  Every once in a while I really want to make a tuna noodle casserole, but no one else here with eat it, especially with peas.  Then I came across this recipe for pan seared tuna patties on Pinterest.  I'm not sure if it was the picture that grabbed me, or the fact that these are 4 weight Watchers Points Plus per patty.


The first time I made these, I couldn't believe how good they were.  Seriously.  I could have eaten the whole batch.  I've made them several times, and they only get more delicious.  I try to make them on nights when Doug's home for dinner so that he's sure to actually get a couple.


I made these again last week and made a couple changes.  I came across a healthy substitution trick to use rolled oats instead of bread crumbs.  Try that trick!  I couldn't taste the difference, and if possible, the rolled oats made the patties even better.

The second change was in the sour cream.  I always use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, first of all.  And these patties are good with a dollop on top.  But, for some added flavor, I mixed up seasoned Greek yogurt to go on top. So good!

Seasoned Sour Cream (Weight Watchers = 0 PP per serving)
makes 5 servings

Ingredients
  • 1/3 c fat free plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
  • pinch garlic powder
  • dash dill
  • dash black pepper
  • 1 green onion chopped
Directions
Mix everything up well and have a dollop with each tuna patty.


You can't beat this recipe for a tasty dinner that's easy to put together.  Even on a busy day, with minimal time to get dinner on the table, you can make this.  It doubles easily, too!  It's low points, even for two (or more... shh!) patties with the Greek yogurt.

What's your favorite fish recipe?  Or do you skip it entirely?

Linked up at Julie is Coco and Cocoa, The Recipe Critic, Nessa Makes, Heather's French Press, Bloom Designs, The Grant Life, Nancherrow, Sparkles and a Stove, Just Us Four, momnivore's dilemma, Simply Gloria.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...