5.19.2014

Pet Peeves, the blog edition

Today for Play in May we're supposed to blog about Irrational Hatred. I had something good I wanted to write about but there's so much junk in my head right now I completely forgot it. Seriously... had it one minute, thought it was a great idea, got distracted, and then *poof* it was gone. Oh well.

Instead, I've got two blogging things that really irk me. So, today, you get a how-to.

First up, comment verification. It's bothersome. I try put the effort in if I come across it and have already written out a long comment. More often than not, though, I just skip it entirely. Half the time you can't read the verification things anyway.

Second, the navigation bar that appears at the top of Blogger blogs. I hate to see a really well done, fun blog with that navbar across the top. It's distracting and, to me, ruins the look of the blog. For some reason, I find this especially irritating when a blog with a custom domain still has it.

It's really easy to remove the Blogger navbar, though. Or, if you're set on having it, you can also change the color to fit better with the design of your blog.

Remove the Blogger navigation bar
  1. Click "Layout."
  2. At the top right of the layout, click "Navbar."
  3. Select "Off" and save the changes to remove the navbar.
 

That's it! It's that simple to remove the navigation bar.

These are two minor things that I know are picky, but like I said, today it's all about irrational hatred. What design features do you dislike?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Link up or click through to see what other irrational things we're hating today.


Axis of Ineptitude
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...