I prefer shrimp with a light sauce, if any sauce at all. I usually toss it with olive oil and garlic and pour it over pasta. Last night, I decided to change it up just a little bit and dinner turned out deliciously.
This is a quick dish to pull together, even on a busy night. It takes about 5 minutes to prep the shrimp which then bakes for about 10 minutes. While that's all happening, the pasta is boiling on the stove. While the shrimp is in the oven, you can prepare the asparagus. So, in about 20 minutes, you've got a tasty, healthy dish full of flavor.
Lemon shrimp and asparagus
makes 4 servings, 10 Weight Watchers PP per serving
- 1 lb shrimp, ready to eat
- 3/4 lb pasta
- 1 lb asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 t lemon pepper
- dash red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put the pasta on to cook according to directions.
- Mix the butter, lemon juice, garlic, lemon pepper, and red pepper flakes together.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and arrange shrimp in a single layer.
- Pour butter mixture over shrimp and bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes.
- Simmer asparagus in water on the stove for 5-8 minutes, until just tender and bright green.
- When everything is done, dish up pasta with shrimp and some of the sauce. Add asparagus on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Linked up at Juggling Act Mama, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Buns In My Oven, Hun... What's for dinner?, Mandy's Recipe Box, The SITS Girls, A Dish of Daily Life, The Grant Life.