11.28.2014

Austin Christmas Bucket List

Christmas is coming! I can't wait. I've been itching to go out and look at lights and decorations since Halloween. I have a pretty hard and fast "no Christmas until I see Santa at the end of the Macy's parade" rule. Wanna know a secret? I get teary every time I see Santa at the end of that parade. Every year. I just get so excited for the holidays and it's such a happy thing. So, the parade ends, we turn on the Christmas music and Thanksgiving dinner happens.

Christmas is Doug's favorite holiday. It's quickly becoming one of Phee's as well, though, as she once said, all the holidays are her favorite, "Valentine's Day, Christmas, fall..." Last year, Phee really got into everything, helping us decorate, singing so many songs, baking cookies. We traveled last year, so we didn't get to do everything that I wanted to do in town. Plus, with Phee's birthday at the beginning of the month, we lose a bit of time to birthday activities.

This year, I'm ready to go. I've got a big list of Christmas activities that I want to tackle in and around town. There are so many awesome things going on in December in Austin. Pack up the family, grab your friends, and go out and have some awesome holiday fun!

Austin Christmas event bucket list ~ Life in Random Bits #austin #christmas

Driskill Hotel gingerbread display
Trail of Lights
Hot chocolate & lights at Mozart's
Austin steam train North Pole Flyer
Ballet Austin Nutcracker
Make gingerbread houses at the Thinkery
Snow at the Hill Country Galleria
Ice skating at Whole Foods
Round Rock Rock'N Lights
Luminations at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Paramount holiday film series

And my personal favorite: A drive around the neighborhood with hot chocolate and Christmas music to see people's lights.

Click on the picture to enlarge it and save it, or click here for a printable PDF.

What's your favorite Austin holiday event? What awesome Austin thing have I missed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...