Friday evening I gave Phee the choice of chicken and potatoes or mac & cheese for dinner. She chose mac & cheese... and mashed potatoes. My kinda girl.
So, I made mashed potatoes. And then I doctored them up. With cheese and bacon.
The result was delicious. I'm sure everyone probably makes these, but I hadn't ever done it before and I was thrilled with the results. I can't wait to make them again. And maybe share them, because I ate way too many this time!
- 8-10 medium size red potatoes, cut into small chunks (skin on or off, your choice)
- 5 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 t rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chopped potatoes until tender. Drain and mash. (I use a hand mixer, not a masher.)
- Add the butter and sour cream until completely incorporated.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese, rosemary and crumbled bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the potatoes are too thick and sticky, add milk until you get the desired consistency.
I would eat these every day. Seriously. Enjoy!