5.24.2012

Loaded Mashed Potatoes {recipe}

I was going to make loaded potatoes in the crock post last week.  The recipe looked so good and I love potatoes with all the fixins'.  But, I never quite got around to making them.  I forgot to prep them one night and then I checked the recipe again and it only had a time for cooking on low and I was worried that maybe they wouldn't cook through on high for a shorter time.  So, it just didn't happen.

Lucky me!

Friday evening I gave Phee the choice of chicken and potatoes or mac & cheese for dinner.  She chose mac & cheese... and mashed potatoes.  My kinda girl.

So, I made mashed potatoes.  And then I doctored them up.  With cheese and bacon.


The result was delicious.  I'm sure everyone probably makes these, but I hadn't ever done it before and I was thrilled with the results.  I can't wait to make them again.  And maybe share them, because I ate way too many this time!

Ingredients
  • 8-10 medium size red potatoes, cut into small chunks (skin on or off, your choice)
  • 5 strips of bacon, crumbled
  • 1/2 c shredded cheddar
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 4 T butter
  • 1/2 t rosemary
  • milk
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  • Boil the chopped potatoes until tender.  Drain and mash.  (I use a hand mixer, not a masher.)
  • Add the butter and sour cream until completely incorporated.
  • Mix in the cheddar cheese, rosemary and crumbled bacon.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • If the potatoes are too thick and sticky, add milk until you get the desired consistency.

I would eat these every day.  Seriously.  Enjoy!












linked up at
Boca Frau
The Real Housewives of Riverton
momnivore's dilemma
Mama Chocolate
Just Us Four




featured at




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...