8.05.2013

Is your iPhone out of memory?

This isn't the usual type of tip that I share, but it seems to be a very useful bit of information.  I have an iPhone 4S and it's fantastic.  I use it for a lot of things and a couple months ago, I was getting the 'no more memory for photos' message.  And this at just 200 photos or so, when I could usually carry almost 1000 before having to transfer them off the phone. I found that some iPhone using friends were running into the same issue.

Clear your Pinterest cache to free up space on your phone!

So, I started deleting some of my rarely used apps.  But that didn't help.  I cleared out a bunch of apps that Phee doesn't use very much or has outgrown.  Still getting the 'no more room' message.

I dug around some more, looked to see which apps were taking up the most space, played around with some others and finally found the culprit.  And a solution!

Clear the cache in your Pinterest app!  For me, it was that simple.  I use Pinterest almost exclusively on my phone.  And it shows in the cache.  When I discovered this, my cache was 4GB.

So, here's how you fix it.


  1. Open your Pinterest app and click on the person tab at the bottom.
  2. Click on the settings gear in the top left corner.
  3. Click on Account settings.
  4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your Account settings page.
  5. Clear all three caches.
That's it.  It's that simple.  If your cache is huge, like mine was, it will probably take a very long time to clear.  I actually forced it to stop a couple times and cleared it out in chunks.

There are a few other apps that have browsing history or caches to clear as well.  Be sure to check your settings and clear out what you can from time to time.  Also, if you have the Kindle app, double check how many books you actually have on your device.  If you delete the ones you don't actually need on your device, you can free up some space that way, too.

So, go clear out and start taking photos again!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...