9.20.2013

Turkey Burger Wraps

I found a tasty looking grilled cheeseburger wrap recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago.  I decided to add them to the menu for this week, but I chose to make some changes and make it a little bit healthier, especially since this was the first week of Weight Watchers for me (thoughts on that coming soon).


These are easy to prep and fast to assemble and grill.  I made the cheeseburger mix ahead of time so that when I got home from work, I could just reheat it and throw the wraps together.  The original recipe calls for using an indoor grill or grill pan.  I have neither, but I do have a panini maker which worked like a charm.

Turkey Burger Wraps (adapted from Skinny Mom's Kitchen)
Ingredients
3/4 to 1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 c chopped onion
2 T ketchup
1 T bbq sauce
1 T steak sauce
1 T grated parmesan
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 paprika
1/4 garlic
5 100 calorie wraps (I used Flatout multigrain with flax wraps)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup chopped or shredded lettuce


Directions
  1. Brown the turkey, breaking it up as it cooks.
  2. Add the onions after about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the ketchup, bbq sauce, steak sauce, parmesan and spices to the turkey and mix it all up.
  4. Cook the turkey until it's completely cooked through.
  5. Lay out 5 wraps and divide the turkey mixture between them.  Add shredded cheddar and then tomato and lettuce.  You could also add some ketchup, mustard, or bbq sauce- whatever you like on your burgers.
  6. Roll the wraps up and put them seam side down on the panini maker.  Ours held three at a time, so I did these in two shifts.
  7. Grill for 5-7 minutes.
Served with some veggies and fruit, it's a healthy, delicious meal for your whole family, not just someone counting points.  What's your favorite way to eat a burger?  Are you a classic beef and cheddar enthusiast, or do you branch out and try veggie burgers, turkey burgers, or offbeat toppings?

Weight Watchers: 7 PP per wrap


Linked up at: Flashback Friday.

Featured on Flashback Friday at Many Waters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...