These are easy to prep and fast to assemble and grill. I made the cheeseburger mix ahead of time so that when I got home from work, I could just reheat it and throw the wraps together. The original recipe calls for using an indoor grill or grill pan. I have neither, but I do have a panini maker which worked like a charm.
Turkey Burger Wraps (adapted from Skinny Mom's Kitchen)
3/4 to 1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 c chopped onion
2 T ketchup
1 T bbq sauce
1 T steak sauce
1 T grated parmesan
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 100 calorie wraps (I used Flatout multigrain with flax wraps)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup chopped or shredded lettuce
- Brown the turkey, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add the onions after about 5 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, bbq sauce, steak sauce, parmesan and spices to the turkey and mix it all up.
- Cook the turkey until it's completely cooked through.
- Lay out 5 wraps and divide the turkey mixture between them. Add shredded cheddar and then tomato and lettuce. You could also add some ketchup, mustard, or bbq sauce- whatever you like on your burgers.
- Roll the wraps up and put them seam side down on the panini maker. Ours held three at a time, so I did these in two shifts.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes.
Weight Watchers: 7 PP per wrap
Linked up at: Flashback Friday.
Featured on Flashback Friday at Many Waters.