3.10.2014

St. Patrick's Day Banner (with printable)

I've got a fun printable for you today!  Phee and I used this printable to make two different banners this weekend.  I love versatility!

I made some St. Patrick's Day shapes: rainbows, gold coins, and shamrocks.  The printable has those shapes in black and white.  I printed them out on white card stock for Phee to color.  After she did her coloring, I cut out her shapes and then we stapled them to some glittery green rickrack ribbon I had in my stash.  I wanted to use cotton balls to make the clouds fluffy white, but Phee declined.  I still think it would be a nice touch.

Phee proudly hung her banner up on her bedroom wall.  I love that she is so proud of her projects.  I also love the fact that each new project displaces one or two that are really old.  In this case, we managed to throw away a Frosty and gold star from her paper Christmas tree two years ago.  Progress!


I used the print outs as a template to trace onto some glittery green and gold card stock.  After cutting out the gold coins and shamrocks, I used my hot glue gun to attach them to rainbow ribbon.  This banner is hanging in the living room over the fireplace.  I made a second vertical banner to hang on a door as well.  I actually like that one the best!


Do you have some fun glittery St. Patrick's Day decorations?  I'm a sucker for glitter.

Linked up at The Recipe Critic, Heather's French Press, Nessa Makes, We Made That, Bloom Designs, P is for Preschooler, Sparkles & a Stove, Nancherrow, SITS Girls, Just Us Four, We Love Weekends, The Grant Life.

Check out the Leprechaun Breakfast Cakes we made, and the really cute leprechaun Phee made.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...