6.24.2014

Cheddar garlic biscuits

I made a one pot dinner the other night, but as it finished simmering, I thought that dinner was going to be an awfully meager looking affair if I didn't come up with something to accompany the dish. I poked around the pantry, but couldn't find anything.

And then I thought, "biscuits." You can't go wrong with biscuits- ever. And if you add cheese to those biscuits, all the better! I mixed up a basic biscuit dough, added some cheddar, and then threw in a bit of this and that to make what turned out to be an absolutely delicious side to our dinner.

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Ingredients
  • 2 c flour
  • 3 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 t garlic
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • 1/2 t parsley
  • 2/3 c shredded cheddar
  • 1/3 c butter, softened
  • 1 c milk
Directions
  1. Mix dry ingredients.
  2. Add butter, milk, and cheddar and stir.
  3. Drop on a greased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 12 minutes at 450 degrees.
  5. Best served warm with a bit of butter!

What's your go-to biscuit or roll to make? I've tried a couple others, but this basic drop biscuit always ends up being the fastest. I'd love to see your recipes, though, because I'm always looking for more bread in my life.

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Linked up at Designed by BH, Jenny Marie.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...