9.19.2014

Pirate favorites for reading aloud

This post contains Amazon Associate links.

5 pirate favorites for reading aloud ~ Life in Random Bits #books #kids #pirates

It's talk like a pirate day. Silly day? Yes. Awesome day? Also yes.

Phee loves pirates- Never Land, Peter Pan, Jake & the Never Land Pirates. All of it. She loves her Jake figurines and plays with them all the time making up stories and games. We've spent many an afternoon with her as Jake and me as Captain Hook, stealing and rescuing treasure over and over again.

When we explore the library, we are often drawn to dinosaur and pirate books. Both are pretty much a sure bet as far as we're concerned. I love to read pirate books aloud and she loves to listen to them.

In honor of talk like a pirate day, here are our favorite pirate books. They've given us lots of laughs. Plus, who doesn't love to talk like a pirate?!


Pirate Mom
What would it be like if your mom turned into a pirate?
Phee calls me pirate mom from time to time and that's my cue to use pirate speak and be silly.


Dirty Joe the Pirate 
 This is probably the best pirate book I've ever read. I believe I laughed so hard I was in tears the first time I read it to Phee.


How I Became a Pirate
Phee likes to reference the pirate rules and customs from this book, especially the green teeth.

 
Papa is a Pirate
Cute little twists on a child's observations in this one. We had lots of fun conversations about this story.

 
Twenty-six Pirates
 A fun little ABC book that's more for fun than the actual teaching of letters. We really like the illustrations, though.


Now, it's your turn. What are your favorite pirate books? Have you read any of these?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...