10.16.2014

Vampires and Pumpkins

I received a box of Halloween goodies from Dollar Tree to create this post. Opinions and ideas are all mine.

We decorated for Halloween a couple weeks ago. Phee's been happily turning on the little votive lights every night in our ceramic decorations. She even took the cutest little ghost and a string of pumpkin lights to her room so she could have some festive decor in there.

We've also been doing a lot of Halloween artwork. I had a stack of foam pumpkins leftover from last year. I had a project in mind, but after drawing faces on a couple, Phee decided to decorate the entire stack, some with stickers, some with drawings, some with more faces. So, we'll save my project for another day. And lots of family and friends will be getting Halloween greetings this year!

I was trying to come up with another project we could work on when I was contacted by Dollar Tree about Halloween decorating. What fun! I got a big box of Halloween goodies and couldn't believe all the fun stuff I had to work with.

First, I made this cute little wreath. It's hanging on the closet door facing our front door so this adorable little vampire is front and center when you walk into the house. I used a wreath form, two rolls of wire edged ribbon, and the vampire to create it. Hot glue the end of one ribbon to the wreath and wrap it around the rest of the form. Fold the end over and hot glue it in place to secure it. To attach the vampire, I used a piece of wire. I wrapped it around the vampire's waist and then poked it into the wreath form on the back side of the wreath. The vampire is securely sitting on the wreath and the wire is hidden- perfect. I topped it off with the second ribbon color and a little spider.

DIY Vampire wreath ~ Life in Random Bits #halloween #vampire #decorations #diy

We've never had a mantle, but I always want to create festive and seasonal decorations after seeing all the pretty projects and displays on Pinterest. It occurred to me this week that our low bookshelf could certainly double as a sort of mantle around the holidays so that I can display some decorations.

I used two different pumpkins, plus googly eyes and a set of spooky black and purple roses as embellishment. First, I used hot glue to affix googly eyes of different sizes to a black glittery pumpkin. I used a wire cutter to separate the spiders and flowers from their stems. I used hot glue again to affix the flowers to the larger orange pumpkin. The flowers were a little crunched up, so I flattened and smoothed them and then used a little bit more hot glue to stick the flowers down.

Once I got them arranged on the bookshelf with our current decorations, I added a few more Dollar Tree touches to complete the effect. The orange and purple pumpkin is my favorite out of this set. I just love the big flowers and the spooky spiders.

What's your favorite Halloween decoration? You can find more fun decorating and entertaining ideas at the Dollar Tree site iLeaveHappy.com.

DIY decorative pumpkins ~ Life in Random Bits #halloween #diy #decorations #pumpkins

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Click through for more Halloween fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...