A couple weeks ago I gave you my Perfect Pancake recipe. You can also use that batter to make pancake muffins. Thank you Pinterest for this idea.
- 1 1/4 cup white flour (also good as 3/4 cup white, 1/2 cup wheat)
- 3 T sugar
- 3 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 T vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 T oil
- Mix up the batter as usual.
- Spray a muffin tin really well. If you want to use liners instead, be sure you spray those. The batter will stick to the liner and make a giant mess when you try to peel it off.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake at 350 until the muffins are golden on top.
- If you're using fruit, mix it into the batter.
- As the Pinned recipe says, you can also pour the batter over breakfast sausage or bacon.
- 2T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- dash of cinnamon
Whip the syrup, butter and cinnamon until incorporated (and you can alter those measurements to your taste). This can be stored in the fridge and used throughout the week if your muffins last that long. The maple butter will get really hard, but if you warm the muffins in the microwave, the butter will get all melty and yummy. Or you can just let the butter warm up on the counter before spreading it on a muffin.
linked up at