8.27.2012

Menu Plan Monday {8.27.12}

Today is the first day of school for us.  Phee starts her new preschool permanently.  She had a bit of a rough start at the summer camp at this school, but recovered well in the second week.  This morning was not pretty and I'm really hoping for a faster recovery this time around.

Knowing it was going to be a busy week and we'd both be tired, I planned only crock pot meals.  I'll use the leftovers for a couple different dinners, too.  Super simple and easy.  Plus, tasty!


Meals for the week of August 27
Grilled salmon, rice and salad
Shredded beef tacos
Black bean soup
Enchiladas (using some of the leftover beef)

I got dried beans and did those in the crock pot yesterday so they'll be ready to go on Wednesday for the soup. I particularly like this meal plan because I only have to cook a couple times and the leftovers are versatile, or freeze easily in the case of the black bean soup.  Some of the ingredients overlap, too.  I got a large container of beef broth and used part on the roast for the beef tacos.  The rest will be used for the soup.  The recipe calls for chicken, but beef will do just fine.

All in all, it should be a delicious week!



linked up at

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...