2.28.2013

DIY foaming hand soap

You've probably seen this tip floating around the internet somewhere.  But, I wanted to share it with you because it really is awesome.

We like foaming hand soap.  It's just fun.  Even more so for Phee than for us.  It seems so silly to buy bottle after bottle of it, though, when it's primarily water.  And, after using both regular and foaming soap, I prefer the foaming because it doesn't have that heavy, greasy feeling that a blob of regular soap has.

A year or two ago I saw a post on Money Saving Mom that said you could diy foaming hand soap once you have the emptied dispenser.  I finally gave it a try about a year ago and lo and behold it works!  It's a great, simple, money saving tip.


I prefer the Method hand soap.  It has some great scents and it's planet and people friendly.  Refilling really is as simple as squirting some regular hand soap into the empty foaming dispenser and then filling the rest with water.  I don't measure, but if I had to guess, I probably use a couple teaspoons of soap per refill.  The ratio is always a bit different, but overall it's using less soap while still giving us clean hands.

You can find good sales and Target coupons for the Method cleaning items sometimes.  I stock up when I can and one bottle of regular hand soap lasts us quite a while as a refill for two foaming dispensers.  Try it!  You won't be disappointed.

 What's your preference when it comes to hand soap in the kitchen or bathroom?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...