Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (makes 4 servings)
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 medium summer squash or zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium or large bell peppers, unseeded and tops cut off
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and clean out the inside. You can chop up the extra pepper bits from the tops to mix in with the other veggies if you like.
- Chop up the squash, tomato, and mushrooms.
- Mix the chopped veggies into the quinoa along with the Italian seasoning, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the peppers and nestle them into your crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Weight Watchers: 3 PP per pepper