1.23.2014

Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packs

Once I figured out my lunch routine and how to keep from going overboard on points in the middle of the day at work, I needed to figure out breakfast.  I don't leave myself enough time to eat breakfast at home.  And Phee eats breakfast at school so there's no need to cook in the morning anyway.

Toast isn't worth the points.  Cereal is okay.  Like I said, cooking isn't happening.  So, oatmeal seemed to be the way to go.  I love oatmeal, which certainly helps.  I do not like buying expensive individual packets, though.  I hate the waste!

Homemade instant oatmeal packets (7 Weight Watchers PP per packet)

We do most of our grocery shopping at a co-op and so I can get bulk oats.  I decided to make up some of my own oatmeal packets.  I can mix in whatever I want, I have a microwave at work, and I can eat whenever I get around to it once I'm in the office.

My favorite combination is raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar.  I don't generally like fresh fruit in my oatmeal because the fruit is always too juicy.  So, I pretty much stick to the basics.

On Sundays I take about 5 minutes to put these bags together and then I'm set for the week.  It really is that simple!

Easy Instant Oatmeal Packets (7 WW points per packet)
You Need
5 plastic baggies or containers
oatmeal
raisins
cinnamon
brown sugar

Directions
Open your bags or containers and line them up.  Measure out 1/2 cup quick oats per packet.  Add 1/4 cup raisins.  Then, add cinnamon and brown sugar to your liking.  I add about 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and about 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar.

When I get in to the office and get settled, I just add hot water from the bubbler and mix it up.  Alternately, add water and microwave it for a minute.

Quick, easy, healthy.  And it keeps me full for the morning!  What's your go-to breakfast on busy mornings?



Linked up at Just Us Four: Pinworthy Projects, Momnivore's Dilemma, Julie is Coco and Cocoa, Gemini Red Creations.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...