1.13.2014

The Plan for 2014

As most people do, I've made some goals for myself for the coming year.  Not resolutions, really, just things that I want to make a concerted effort to do or try.


The blog, as usual, is always on the list.  I think I've decided to bring over the little bit of content I had on the more heath-focused blog I started and put it here.  Going forward, this blog will be a little bit more me, more authentic, and I will be sharing lots of things I'm doing, not just some recipes and projects.

Personally, I'm getting healthy.  I'm making better choices about what I eat and what I do.  Two weeks in and I'm loving Weight Watchers again.  It fell by the wayside after Thanksgiving as I hit birthday/Christmas/travel month and life got more hectic than I was prepared for.  Overall, the holidays were good, though, and while I fully indulged and enjoyed every bit of it, I didn't go totally overboard.  The last two weeks back on the plan I've set for myself have been great, though, and I'm looking forward to finding some fun new recipes to try.

I want to read more and remember to actually track what I read.  I love having that list to go back to.  At the same time I want to write more.  Not just for keeping up with this blog and the business blog, but for personal fun as well.  I've had a big project in mind centered around stories about my grandma for quite a while.  In the last month I've decided the form I want that to take and I'm itching to get started on it.

I'm going to send more notes and cards.  I love to send thank you notes whenever I can, but I want to send more than that this year, and I want to try to keep up with it once I get started.  I love to make cards and that's going to be something to tackle, too.  I can never seem to find the time to make the cards I want to use.

I also want to try to make something new every month in the kitchen.  Or for the house, too, I guess, but mostly in the kitchen.  I want to tackle some staples like salad dressing, fruit snacks, and the bomb pops Phee and I devour in the summer.  Wheat bread, too, because I have yet to find a really good wheat bread recipe for the bread machine. 

The business side of life was slow last fall, but I also didn't have a lot of time to pour into it, either.  I have some lovely regular clients and I've picked up some new things here at the start of the year.  It's definitely keeping me busy right now, but I do so love this freelancing.  I want to put some work into adding a few more regular clients.

Last, but most definitely not least, I committed to running the Turkey Trot this year.  Months and months away, yes, but it's going to take me quite a while to get ready for it.  I don't run.  In fact, to say that I don't run is an understatement.  But, here I am, on my treadmill most every day, just walking for this month.  I'm excited about it.  I think that mostly, I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.  And so I will.

What about you?  What do you want to try this year?  I'd also love your suggestions for some regular foods or staples that I can try to make this year.  I've only got three or four ideas so far and I'm already running out of time for January!


Linked up at Slightly Off Kilter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...