2.20.2014

Pumpkin raisin muffins

I love to eat muffins.  Pretty much any kind, as long as there aren't any nuts.  They make such great snacks, or quick breakfasts.  I don't get around to making muffins as often as I mean to, especially since I started Weight Watchers.  Carbs means points and I don't usually want to waste the points on a muffin when I could just as easily eat some fruit.


But, I really felt like baking this weekend, so I fell back on this Weight Watchers friendly recipe.  Paired with some fruit, it's a great breakfast muffin.

As usual, I couldn't just stick to the recipe.  It's so much more fun to tweak and add!  Of course, it upped the points, but it was definitely worth the addition.

Pumpkin raisin muffins (5 WW points per muffin)

Ingredients
  • 1 white cake mix
  • 1 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 1 c raisins
  • 2 T honey
  • 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Spoon into greased muffin tin, halfway full. (makes 24 muffins)
  3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I used organic everything.  For as rich as they taste, these are pretty healthy muffins!

When it comes to breakfast, are muffins in your repertoire, or do you stick to the basics- cereal, eggs, toast?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...