We had Phee's birthday party a couple weeks ago. Don't worry, that whole post will be coming soon. It was a lot of fun, but it was a lot of work, too. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't come up with these crazy elaborate ideas. What can I say? I like a good party!
One thing I always struggle with is party favors. I don't like all the little 25 cent plastic junk. And I don't like bags full of candy either. Neither is particularly useful and honestly, we still have candy from Easter sitting on our counter.
In the past I've come up with ways to coordinate the favor to the party. The year that Phee had a Frosty the Snowman party (she's really a December baby, but we celebrated her half birthday with better weather this year) she made snowman sugar cookies and decorated them with fun snowflake sprinkles for her friends.
As she gets older, though, it's harder to come up with things that are inexpensive, fun, and not likely to lay around under beds and couches forever.
Here's what I've come up with and I hope that this list gives you some great ideas when it's time for your next party!
Fun & useful party favors
- Stickers (separate the pages of bulk sticker books)
- Decorative pens & pencils (bulk packs)
- Gel/glittery pens (bulk packs)
- Crayons/markers (shop the back to school sales)
- Craft stamps (check craft store clearance)
- Small coloring/activity books
- Books (match to theme of party, or check the dollar spot at Target)
- Mini puzzles (check the dollar spot at Target)
- Bubbles (check the wedding aisle at the craft store for a bulk pack)
- Sidewalk chalk
- Individual goldfish cracker/cookie/other snack packs
- Homemade cookies (decorated to theme)
- Individual craft projects (check the craft store for little projects, or multi-packs of themed projects)
- Fun socks (match to theme of party, or check the dollar spot at Target)
- Homemade CD of favorite songs
- Mini Lego sets
- Matchbox cars (separate a multi pack)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Come find Life in Random Bits on Facebook! I'd love to have you join the fun!
Linked up at Just Us Four, P is for Preschooler, The Grant Life.