7.22.2014

Laundry organization

I like to think I'm a fairly organized person. At work, I'm very organized and everything is in its place if I'm in charge of it. At home... everything is usually organized. Or, I have some great ideas about organizing at least.

Doug and I cleaned out our closet a while ago. It has decent shelving, though not ideal. There's plenty of room for all our stuff which is the important part. Except the three compartment laundry cart that moved with us from the apartment never really fit.  We used it because there wasn't anything wrong with it, but it was constantly in the way.

Once it started to fall apart, I was thrilled to move it out.  So, when we cleaned out, we rearranged a little bit. My china is in the closet because I don't have another safe place to store it. That bin moved, I culled my unworn shoe collection and nearly never used bags that were piling up.

And then it was time to figure out the dirty laundry situation. After searching high and low for a decent hamper that would fit and match, I gave up. None of them were what I really wanted.

Use laundry baskets in the closet to organize and collect dirty laundry - www.lifeinrandombits.com

My solution? Laundry baskets. They fit perfectly side by side under Doug's hanging clothes. They tuck in and don't take up too much space. No one is tripping over them. It's useful, purposeful storage and organization.

Best of all? You know exactly when it's time to do laundry. With the old laundry sorter, you could jam a lot of clothes into each canvas compartment and suddenly you've got no clothes and too much for just one load of laundry.

With laundry baskets, you're all set. Basket is full? Time to do a load of laundry. It's perfect! We have a few extra baskets for when we've got a lot of towels or sheets to wash. Doug keeps one in his office to catch all the work clothes he ditches in there.

It's been a great space saver and has kept our laundry and closet much more organized. And that certainly makes me happy!

What laundry solution has worked best for you?

Use laundry baskets in the closet to organize and collect dirty laundry - www.lifeinrandombits.com

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Come find Life in Random Bits on Facebook and Pinterest for more fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...