We have good friends that love Halloween. They often throw a party and we went last year. I didn't take my 8 layer dip, but I wish I had. The one I made was tasty, but there was a similar dip already on the table when I got there. I've never gone to a party with this 8 layer dip in hand and had it be a duplicate dish.
I love this dip. It's like nachos, without the mess. And there's plenty of cheese. I hate it when I make nachos and there are cheeseless chips. This dip has everything- beans, meat, cheese. It's been requested a number of times and I always enjoy making it! If you're heading out to a Halloween party this year, take this with you. You won't be sorry!
8 layer dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey) browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- Spread black beans on the bottom of a 8x8 pan.
- Spread guacamole on top of the beans.
- Add a layer of seasoned ground beef (or turkey).
- Spread with sour cream (or Greek yogurt).
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- Add a layer of black olives.
- Add chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- Feel free to sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
What's your favorite party dish? Do you go all out and make lots of appetizer type foods, or do you like to keep it simple and go with more dips, chips, and veggie trays?