12.11.2014

Chocolate Covered Ritz Cookies

Last night I hosted a Christmas cookie party. Cookies and cocktails are a big hit and I was treated to a houseful of friends for a fun evening. Our little dining table was covered in delicious cookies!

It's such an easy and festive party to host for the holidays. Everyone wants Christmas cookies and what better way to show off your favorite family recipe or to try that new recipe that caught your eye on Pinterest. I'd love to show you a bunch of photos of my living room full of friends and laughter, but I was so busy talking and munching on cookies that I never once got my phone out for pictures. I checked with friends this morning, and they didn't take pictures either. I think it was a good party!

If you want to host a little cookie get together, it's something you still have time to pull of this month. Invite your friends, have everyone bake a couple dozen of their favorite cookies, and be sure they bring some copies of the recipe! Get some festive plates and napkins and lots of bags so people can take extra cookies home. Then, you just need to add some drinks. You can't go wrong with cocktails, but you'll probably want to throw some coffee and milk in there, too, just in case.

Chocolate Covered Ritz ~ Life in Random Bits #recipe #cookie

I made chocolate covered Ritz cookies, one of my favorites. My mom makes these cookies every year, and has for as long as I can remember. It's a fairly easy recipe and the only thing that really takes a lot of time is dipping the cookies in chocolate. You could certainly make them any time of the year, but they always mean Christmas to me. I added some holiday sprinkles to my finished cookies as a festive topper.

What's your favorite cookie to make at Christmas? Do you have old family favorites that you make year after year, or are you more adventurous, trying out new recipes instead?

Chocolate Covered Ritz ~ Life in Random Bits #recipe #cookie

Chocolate Covered Ritz Cookies

Ingredients
  • Ritz crackers
  • peanut butter
  • chocolate chips
  • Crisco
Directions
  1. Spread peanut butter on Ritz crackers and make little cracker sandwiches.
  2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, adding 3-4 T Crisco to thin it enough for dipping. Add more Crisco or chocolate chips as needed.
  3. Dip cracker sandwiches in chocolate, covering each one completely.
  4. Place dipped cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. Add sprinkles if desired. Cool in refrigerator.
  5. Store in fridge. Can be served cold or at room temperature. 

Chocolate Covered Ritz ~ Life in Random Bits #recipe #cookie


Linked up at Memories by the Mile, Kenarry, FoodySchmoody, The Country Cook, The Evolution of Mom, Tip Toe Fairy, MamaBuzz, Live Laugh Rowe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...